Here are the 5 most commonly asked questions about Serbia.
- What is the capital of Serbia?
- What language do people in Serbia speak?
- What is the currency used in Serbia?
- How large is Serbia geographically?
- What are some popular tourist attractions in Serbia?
What is the capital of Serbia?
What language do people in Serbia speak?
The official language of Serbia is Serbian, which is a South Slavic language spoken by the majority of people in Serbia. Other languages spoken in Serbia include Albanian, Hungarian, Romani, Slovak, and Bosnian.
What is the currency used in Serbia?
The currency used in Serbia is the Serbian Dinar (RSD).
How large is Serbia geographically?
Serbia is approximately 88,361 square kilometers (34,116 square miles) in size.
What are some popular tourist attractions in Serbia?
- Belgrade Fortress: Built in the 3rd century on the banks of the River Danube, Belgrade Fortress is the oldest and most visited tourist attraction in Serbia. It is a great place to explore and learn about Serbia’s rich history.
- Zlatibor Mountain: Zlatibor Mountain is a popular tourist destination in Serbia, known for its stunning views, great skiing opportunities and hiking trails.
- Novi Sad: Novi Sad is an important city in Serbia and a popular tourist destination due to its cultural heritage and many attractions such as Petrovaradin Fortress, Stari Grad (Old Town), Dunavska Street and many more.
- Sremski Karlovci: This small town is located near Novi Sad and is known for its Baroque architecture, churches, monasteries and museums that attract tourists from all over the world.
- Studenica Monastery: This 12th-century Serbian Orthodox monastery was built by King Stefan Nemanja and is one of the most important religious sites in Serbia. It has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its historical importance.